If you’re reading the The 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss, you’re probably making a list of all the things you want to buy. I went through that over the last two weeks, so I put together a consolidated shopping list.
I’m partial to shopping at Amazon for pretty much everything, so links are to the products or closest equivalents that Tim recommends in Four Hour Body on Amazon. Prices were accurate at the time posted.
- Supercissus Rx Capsules ($26.99, cissus quadrangularis, for use on binge days and periodic supplementation, but not indefinite daily use.)
- Policosanol 23mg, 60 tablets ($24.99, free shipping, part of PAGG)
- Vitamin Shoppe – Alpha-Lipoic Acid, 300 mg ($17.99, 99 cent shipping, part of PAGG)
- Mega Green Tea Extract ($19.24, free shipping, part of PAGG)
- Kyolic Garlic, Formula 100 ($13.50, 99 cent shipping, part of PAGG. Aged garlic.)
- Exercise Equipment
- Thera-band Latex Exercise Bands ($~4.22, free shipping. These are the elastic bands that Tim uses for chest-pulls, the GLUT-4 releasing exercise. Strength varies by color. Small enough to carry in pants pocket.)
- First Place Kettlebells ($60-150. There are many, many kettlebell manufacturers and sellers. This is one 5-star rated kettlebell that is available in a variety of weights. Tim recommends a 20kb/44lb or 24kg/53lb kettlebell for men to start, and a 16kg/35lb or 20kb/44lb kettlebell for women to start. Here’s a second link if you need a wide range of weights: First Place Vinyl Kettlebells.
- Update 1/23/2011: I like these no-frills 4.5 star rated Kettlebells that ship free from Amazon: Body-Solid Kettlebells
Also, check out my post on the fat loss cheat sheet, if you’d like to have a simple daily schedule. If you like the cheat sheet, you may also enjoy Slow Carb Fat Loss, a companion book that puts together the cheat sheet, a meal plan, and helpful tips to the Slow Carb diet.
A reminder: none of this stuff makes sense unless you are buying and following the 4-Hour Body. It’s a great book, well researched and entertaining.
P.S. One other item people have been having a hard time finding is the vitamin rich butter, fermented cod liver oil combination recommended by Tim Ferriss. It’s not in the fat loss section, but I thought I’d list it here since so many people are looking for it. Blue Ice Royal Butter Oil / Fermented Cod Liver Oil Blend – Capsules is rich in Vitamin K and Vitamin D. Green Pastures is the only supplier of it. They are a family owned farm.