Playing B-Ball with Obama: 6 Steps to Crossing Anything Off Your Bucket List is an inspirational post on Tim Ferriss’s about how to achieve anything you dream of, from playing basketball with President Obama to helping someone find a kidney.
It’s about the experiences of The Buried Life group, four friends who made a list of 100 things they wanted to do before they die. They also made a commitment that, for each item they accomplished, they’d help one stranger achieve a life goal.
The post is great, and they now have a #1 NYT best-seller: What Do You Want to Do Before You Die?
The six steps (explained at length in the original post):
- Stop and think about it. Really think about it. (Most people don’t do this until they have a crisis in their life. Don’t wait for a crisis.)
- Write it down. (Amazing things happen as soon as you write something down.)
- Talk about it. (Everyone knows someone, and someone can help you.)
- Be persistent. (Most people give up before they reach their goal. “No” just means “not now”.)
- Be ballsy. (“The level of competition is highest for realistic goals because most people don’t set high enough goals for themselves.”)
- Help others.
What are your goals?
One of my goals is to see my third book, The Last Firewall, made into a movie.
This is great I wish you the best and your item is well within your grasp!!! Go for it! 🙂